Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Worldmark by Wyndham

So I has was dragged to another Timeshare presentation last night..... I had to laugh it seem like I was actually living an episode of "King of the Hill". It was hilarious!!!

anyway....here is my thought question for this post....

Why would I buy a timeshare??!!??

Maybe some of you have them and so I seriously ask WHY?!?!?!

Here are the details for what they offered me last night.

16,000 credits (which equivalents to maybe a 2-4 weeks hotel (oh sorry a condo) accommodations.

All for the great low price of $32,000!!!!

Wait that's not all you also get to pay maintenance fees on the property you don't own, but own. It is only $974 a year.

That's right folks, if you give me $32,000 I will let you pay $1000 to use a condo 2 weeks out of the year!!

ok so the sells pitch last was if you go to a hotel say for 14 days a year at a $100 a night ($1400 a year) times that by 50 years, because you plan on vacationing every year right? oh yea we need to add inflation to this so now your 50 years of 2 weeks vacation now costs you $322,000. WOW now that $32,000 doesn't seem that bad, right?!?!

oh let's think about this $32000 + $1000 *50 years= $82,000!!! and that is not including inflation.

And here is the best part ladies and gentleman, when you die you can will this "ownership" to your children so they can pay the $1000 a year to use the "property".

One last thought they don't call it Time Share anymore, because it is more flexible. Soooo

Lets all go buy and Timeshare, not Timeshare plan!!!! I have nothing better to do with $82,000.

1 comment:

Kelly said...

As long as you invite me...I'm okay with you paying 32,000 bucks!